How to Pay for Therapy for Your Child with Autism

As a parent of a child with autism, are you constantly worrying that you don’t have enough money to provide the best care for your child? Your fears are understandable, since studies estimate that the costs of raising one child with autism in the United States is $17,000, annually. These expenses include doctor visits, specialized care and therapy.

Continue reading “How to Pay for Therapy for Your Child with Autism”

How to Appeal if You Are Denied IHSS

Are you the parent of a child who has Autism, Down Syndrome, or another type of developmental disability? If so, you may qualify for financial assistance, including IHSS.

IHSS stands for In-Home Supportive Services. IHSS provides financial assistance to adults and children with developmental disabilities so they can remain at home safely.

For caretakers, including parents of children with Autism, Down Syndrome, and other developmental disabilities, Protective Supervision, part of the IHSS program, can provide payments every month so you can stay home and properly care for your child.

However, the application process is lengthy, and can be frustrating and confusing. For those who are trying to receive benefits for IHSS, a denial can be stressful.

Continue reading “How to Appeal if You Are Denied IHSS”

What Is In-Home Support Services (IHSS)?

Sometimes, we need financial help as we are trying to work, pay bills, and raise a child with a disability like autism, cerebral palsy, or Down syndrome. Not only does it ease the constant worrying about money, these benefits can help pay for therapies and other treatments, or simply daily expenses that become difficult if you have to take time off or you are unable to work completely.

Continue reading “What Is In-Home Support Services (IHSS)?”

My IHSS Protective Supervision Hours Have Been Cut. What Do I Do?

Children with special needs such as autism, Down syndrome, or cerebral palsy can often take a heavy financial toll on a family. It is common for you to have to stop working in order to take care of your child. In such circumstances, your family may be entitled to disability benefits such as In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and Protective Supervision.

But what if you’ve applied for and obtained these services, and your hours have been cut?

Continue reading “My IHSS Protective Supervision Hours Have Been Cut. What Do I Do?”

How to Get Paid to Take Care of Your Child with Down Syndrome

If you’ve recently learned that your child has or will have Down syndrome, there are many steps you can take to give her or him a happy, healthy, and rewarding life.

Even if your family is struggling financially, you may be eligible to receive benefits on his or her behalf. These benefits can be used to meet your child’s daily needs and can help offset the expenses associated with his or her condition.

Continue reading “How to Get Paid to Take Care of Your Child with Down Syndrome”