Call us for a free consultation (877) 762-0702

How Do You Help Your Child with Autism Cope with the End of the School Year?

It is nearly the end of the school year and things are winding down. With summer almost here, children are more excited, louder. Special days are arranged such as school plays, school trips and summer fairs. For a child with autism who struggles with change and needs routine and structure to make sense of the world, this time of year can be very difficult. Suddenly school isn’t how it’s meant to be, it becomes unpredictable and anxiety inducing. It can almost be unbearable. How do you help your child with autism cope with the end of the school year?

Read More

Finding Childcare for your Child with Special Needs

Summer is almost here, and it’s time to search for childcare for your little one with special needs. This includes finding someone who provides reliable, devoted, and quality care for your child. Having a child with special needs makes searching for someone more complex: you may have to ask more questions to find the right person who matches your requirements. So how do you find the best childcare for your child with special needs?

Read More

children with special needs

Financial Assistance for Children with Special Needs

In the state of California, raising children is expensive and raising children with special needs can be even more expensive. In 2020, the U.S. Department of Agriculture estimated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 years at $233,610 or about $12,978 a year. Estimates on what the annual cost to raise a child with autism can run somewhere between $1.5 million and $2.4 million, with occupational, behavioral and life skills therapy, private schooling and private caregivers among the expenses. Fortunately, there is financial assistance for children with special needs. Read More

Why Raising Awareness for Autism is So Important

The month of April is dedicated to Autism awareness with World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD), which aims to put a spotlight on the hurdles that people with autism and their families face every day. Thanks to campaigns like this, the percentage of people who are actually unaware of autism is much smaller than it was just a decade ago. This is why raising awareness for autism is so important.

Read More

What is a Conservatorship?

When you are responsible for a loved one with a disability, a plan is needed in order for the financial security and services that the disabled individual requires in order to live a fulfilling life, as independently as possible. It’s necessary to assess the costs for the essential support, identify the government benefits for which the person is eligible and may be receiving, and plan for the future when your child is an adult, including filing for a conservatorship if the individual will be unable to make important decisions independently, and a special needs trust when caregivers have passed away.

Read More